Camping is an old-fashioned, affordable way to have an unforgettable family vacation in nature. Campgrounds in or near our area include a variety of wonderful unique camp settings and facilities. Seasonal closures do affect nearly every location. Use these links to get started!
- Quilcene Community Campground
- Lake Leland Park Campground
- Olympic National Forest
- Olympic National Park
- Halfway House RV Park
- The Cove RV Park and Country Store
- WA State Parks and Rec
- “You Should Know”
Most campgrounds open up for the season on May 31 and last until mid-late September, but sometimes the exact dates for individual campgrounds vary.
Please check the Hood Canal Ranger District Recreation Report for the most up-to-date information (scroll down their page for the “Campgrounds” section) or call the Hood Canal Ranger District office at 360-765-2200.
Tent camping is the very best way to experience nature from a front-row seat! In the Olympic National Park one can camp in relatively undisturbed wilderness. For more information on camping in the Olympic National Park, visit the park’s website or call the Olympic National Park Visitors Center at (360) 565-3130.
The Halfway House RV Park in Brinnon offers RV camping between the Dosewallips River and the Halfway House Restaurant.
More Links for Parks and Camping Info:
- Washington State Parks and Recreation Official Website (or call 360-902-8844)
- Jefferson County Parks and Recreation (or call 360-385-9129)
- Olympic National Forest – Campground Info on G.O.R.P. website
- Description of Jefferson County Parks and Amenities (PDF)
- Quilcene Community Park at the Quilcene Community Center